Effective date: April 8, 2023
No personally identifiable information is gathered from the application by default. There is no account creation requirement and by default your entries are stored only on your device.
There are three exceptions:
1. Opting in to Cloud Sync (off by default) links your entries to your Google or Apple account in an encrypted Google Cloud Storage bucket via Firebase. By default, your entries are stored only on your device to maintain your privacy.
2. Opting in to "tracking" (off by default) allows your phone identifier (IDFA) to be shared with advertising partners for attribution purposes.
3. Chat messages sent using the chatbot feature are processed by third party vendors.
We also use Analytics services to collect anonymous aggregate data. These analytics gather information that can help us improve the app, such as amount of time spent on a page across all users, how often users return to the app in general, and which parts of the app are most viewed by all users.
We do NOT sell your personal data to anyone, including data brokers, insurance companies, and social media companies. We are not in the business of selling data-- we are in the business of improving mental health.
Inquiry Health LLC, herein referred to as ("us", "we", or "our"), operates the Clarity mobile application, hereinafter referred to as the "Service".
Service: Service refers to the Clarity mobile application operated by Inquiry Health LLC.
Personal Data: Personal Data signifies data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data: Usage Data constitutes data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Information Collection and Use
We gather various types of information for multiple purposes to provide and enhance our Service for you.
Types of Data Collected:Personal Data
While using our Service, we may request you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be employed to contact or identify you, such as Usage Data and Email Addresses.Usage Data
When accessing the Service with a mobile device, we may collect specific information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you utilize, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you employ, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Inquiry Health LLC employs the collected data for various purposes: - To provide and maintain our Service - To notify you about modifications to our Service - To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you elect to do so - To offer customer support - To gather analysis or valuable information to improve our Service - To monitor the usage of our Service - To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ.
Disclosure of Data
Inquiry Health LLC may disclose your Personal Data in good faith belief that such action is necessary to: - Comply with a legal obligation - Protect and defend the rights or property of Inquiry Health LLC - Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service - Safeguard the personal safety of users of the Service or the public - Protect against legal liability Inquiry Health LLC will not disclose Personal Data to third parties for purposes other than those stated above.
Security of Data
The security of your data is vital to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may engage third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may utilize third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may offer paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we employ third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
The payment processors we collaborate with are:
Apple App Store In-App Payments
Google Play In-App Payments
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
European Union Information
Personal information gathered in the application and subject to the GDPR rules apply to Pro Mode subscription users who use the Cloud Sync feature in the European Union.
Your rights under the law include:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will inform them about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent. If we have shared your data with others, we will inform them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or object to us processing it. We will inform you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will inform them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. We will provide you with your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.